I dedicate this newsletter to my
real estate agent!
Recently I have been shopping for a new home, and being a feng shui consultant, I know firsthand the importance of good feng shui when it comes to selecting a house. Living in a home with great feng shui is like riding one of those horizontal escalators at the airport…it just glides you along to your goal.
So at every house my dear real estate agent showed me, I did a complete feng shui analysis to determine how good it would be for my husband and me. I wanted to make sure that it supported our health first and foremost, as well as our romance, our careers, our wealth, our creativity and on and on…
Obviously, this took some extra time.
My real estate agent had never conducted a house hunt in this manner, but she was absolutely great about it. We finally found a wonderful home, walking distance to the beach, with fantastic feng shui. I am so excited to move in, knowing that this home is going to support us on all levels.
Feng Shui Home Selection is a key service that I provide, and while I can do it in person, I often perform the consultations long distance.
Feng Shui Home Selection offers a vital opportunity to find out if the home you are considering will support you and your family. The analysis is done
quickly, since time is of the essence when shopping for a new house, and can be performed for as many potential homes as you like. It incorporates my advanced feng shui flying star
calculations to determine the home’s strengths and weaknesses. It also takes into account the birthdays of every family member, and gives an analysis of how well the home will support them.
Past clients have used the Home Selection on upwards of ten potential homes, and have expressed relief knowing that the house they ultimately selected would be good for them in every sense. While the Feng Shui Home Selection Service includes the more advanced feng shui calculations, you can use the tips below to find out if basic feng shui issues are met.
TIPS FOR SELECTING A HOME OR OFFICE WITH GOOD FENG SHUI *
(* Even if you aren’t moving anytime soon, see if any of these issues appear in your current home or office, and note how easily most of them can be remedied.)
- Front Door: Try to ensure that the front door of the home or office does not line up with the back door, as this creates a feng shui “wind tunnel”, which represents money leaving as soon as it enters your life. This can be remedied by arranging furniture so that there is a buffer between the front and back doors.
- Staircase: Ideally, the front door does not open to face a staircase. This represents money flowing down the stairs and out the door. If so, you can buffer it by adding plants at the base of the stairs, or if possible, a drape or screen to block the view of the stairs from the door.
- Ceiling Beams: Be careful of working or sleeping under exposed beams. They cut energy and can provoke health problems. They will not make you sick, but can bring dormant issues to the surface. Drape with fabric, or rearrange the furniture to avoid working or sleeping directly under them.
- Power Lines: These lines carry a tremendous amount of energy and can be draining on health. If your home has power lines crossing the yard, or if there is a power pole or transformer box near your property, place earth, such as stones, rocks, brick, etc. in the yard between the pole and your home. If you have windows that look out at the power line, hang crystal – another earth element – in the window. The earth absorbs the energy and protects you.
- Sloping Yard: A front or backyard which drops down away from the house can cause money to leave you. Create protection by building up the soil or adding a fence or landscaping which creates a wall around the property. This wall should be at least waist high.
So these are just a few useful tips that can get you started, whether you are shopping for a new home, or just looking to fine-tune the existing one. If you would like more information on a feng shui analysis for your home or office, please feel free to call or email us.
Best wishes for a beautiful autumn!